The Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP) certification helps validate that an individual has the comprehensive set of skills necessary to perform a particular job role, such as database administrator or enterprise administrator.
You earn one or more MCTS certifications on your way to earning an MCITP certification.
MCITP candidates are IT professionals capable of deploying, building, designing, optimizing, and operating technologies for a particular job role.
Your all-in-one Read more [...]
Which port number must be open on a firewall to receive an inbound remote assistance connection?
Correct answer(s): 4
Explanation: For remote assistance to work, you must be able to receive an inbound connection on Port 3389; this port is the listening port that Remote Assistance uses.
Objective: Implementing, Managing, and Troubleshooting Network Protocols and Services
Which of the following tasks can a limited Read more [...]
What is the Sysprep switch to force Windows XP Professional to use the Windows Welcome screen (also called Out of Box Experience, or OOBE) the first time it is started after running Sysprep?
Correct answer(s): 5
-mini switch is used to force Windows XP Professional to use the mini-setup the first time it is started after running Sysprep.
-audit switch is to reboot systems into Factory mode without generating Read more [...]
You are the adminstrator of a network that contains 20 Windows XP Professional clients. You would like for your users to be able to access their documents from any client on the network and you would also like to be able to centralize the backups of their documents and files. Which of the following will satisfy this requirement?
1. Create a mandatory profile for each user
2. Create a home folder on each user's client machine
3. Create a home folder for each user on a network Read more [...]
Bill is the desktop administrator for ABC Design Company. His company has decided to centralize all printing by creating a print shop. Bill has been tasked with the following requirements:
Print jobs should be distributed to the first available printer
Users should be able to easily find their printed documents
Decrease the amount of time that documents spend on the print server
Minimize the effects of printer down time
Bill's Read more [...]
You are the administrator of a Windows network containing 50 Windows clients. 2 of these clients have very old computers running Windows 95 and your company has purchased new computers for them which will be loaded with Windows XP Professional. You will be performing the upgrade and wish to utilize the easiest method available to save user's Outlook Express, Internet Explorer settings, display properties, My Documents and printers. How would you proceed?
1. Perform a Read more [...]
Which of the following are required to install Windows XP Professional over the network on a client that currently does not have an operating system installed on it?
1. A network adapter
2. A FAT or FAT32 partition of at least 1.5 GB of free space on the target system
3. A folder on the server with appropriate folder and share permissions assigned to the I386 directory
4. A Distribution server
5. A network client
Correct answer(s): 2 4 3 5 1
Explanation: The main difference Read more [...]
Which of the following media types does NTBACKUP support?
2. Zip drive
3. Tape drive
4. Network share
5. Hard disk
Correct answer(s): 5 2 3 4
Explanation: NTBACKUP is the program used to backup files, system data and the registry. In Windows XP, all of the above media types are supported except for CDROM. Even though you can add a CDROM drive to the Ntbackup media pool, it will be treated as a read only device since Windows does not have the capability to format Read more [...]
Ensurepass70-270 Practice Tests 02
Which of the following is true of local groups?
1. Local groups cannot be created on domain controllers
2. Local groups are best used on computers that belong to a domain
3. Local groups can contain local user accounts from the computer on which you create the local groups
4. Local groups cannot belong to any other group
Correct answer(s): 3 1 4
Explanation: A local group is a collection of user accounts on a computer and is used to assign permissions Read more [...]
Which of the following statements regarding Remote Assistance are true?
1. Remote Assistance requests via Windows Messenger work if both the client and the support personnel are using NAT.
2. Remote Assistance requests via Windows Messenger work if only the support personnel are using NAT.
3. Remote Assistance requests via Windows Messenger work if the requesting client is behind a Proxy Server.
4. Remote Assistance requests via Windows Messenger work if only the client Read more [...]