Define User Adoption
User adoption means gaining the trust of users to use the system on a regular basis as intended.
They will feel that they want to use the system instead of being forced to use it.
1. Apex is a procedural scripting language executed byfoix-e.com.
2. It uses a Java-like syntax, acts like database stored procedures.
3. It runs natively on sales force servers, more powerful and faster than non-server code.
4. It adds business logic to most system events – button clicks, related record updates, s-control displays, data loads
Describe data “scrubbing”:
Scrubbing is a processed used to help identify dirty data.
The process removes formatting (like in a phone number) to line up data to check for duplicates or bad data.
Describe how administrators can examine what configuration changes have been made:
1. Through the audit trail (at Setup | Security Controls).
2. It will show the 20 most; recent setup changes, you can download a complete history for the last 180 days
3. There are over three dozen items tracked (see “Monitoring Setup Changes” in help)
4. Alternatively, you might use Dream factory’s Snapshot or other Metadata API-based tools.
Describe how can you use Excel Connector in conjunction with custom reports to get the data you want?
1. Run the report from Excel using Connect for Office, then
2. Use the Excel Connector to manipulate and update data
Describe some features within web services.
1. 30+ operations (methods) supported
2. Numerous entities (objects) supported
3. SOQL (S force Object Query Language)
4. SOSL (S force Object Search Language)
Describe some feedback mechanisms that can help drive “relentless incrementalism”:
1. Send out user surveys
2. Use blind surveys
3. Create a user group or committee
4. Tap into exec committees for recommendations
5. Use face-to-face interviews
6. Use Sales force (Ideas, Pollzter, Click Tools).
Describe some results of a sharing model that is too public.
There is a lot of dirty data. Data can easily be stolen.
Describe some techniques for motivating users:
1. Gel executive sponsorship (including having them use it in meetings)
2. Win over sales personnel
3. Identify power users and evangelists
4. Create motivations everywhere, both inside and outside the system
5. Use both marketing messages and the app itself as drivers
Describe some techniques for winning over sales teams?
1. Know the audience and realize that the driver for sales users is making their n umbel’s
2. Ask to sec planners, notes, etc, and notice what is different between high and low performers
3. Examine what they want to track
4. Encourage a vision of the left hand knowing what the right is doing
5. First step is usually to make information tracking easy by consolidating all in one place